Computational Scientist-Climate Applications
Climate and Paleoclimatology
Earth and Space Science Informatics
|Employer||The Cyprus Institiute|
|Application Deadline||21 September 2017|
|Posted||01 August 2017|
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit science and technology institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research aims of the Cyprus Institute are represented by three research centers: the Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CASTORC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology Research Center (STARC), and the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
CaSToRC invites applications for a Computational Scientist with High Performance Computing (HPC) expertise. The position is within the EU project VI-SEEM https://vi-seem.eu/ and the successful candidate is expected to assume and pursue research activities in the area of atmospheric and climate modelling.
The successful candidate will work at CaSToRC with a main focus on Climate modelling related services and research activities including the development of codes of current and future supercomputers.
- Integration of Climate modelling related services, data, and visualization
- Development of codes optimized for accelerators
- Preparation of training material and participation in training courses
- Provision of support for the users in climate modeling
- Preparation of reports related to the project
- Coordination with other participating partner sites, and members of the user community
Required qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- PhD in Sciences such as Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant field
- Significant experience in a programming language such as C and C++, Fortran, etc.
- Experience in parallel programming and HPC technologies
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Analytical problem solving ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Additional, preferred skills and knowledge include:
- Knowledge of climate modelling tools
- Knowledge of data management techniques and methods
- Experience in development and implementation of scientific workflow systems
- Knowledge of CUDA or other GPU programming paradigms
The initial appointment will be for a fixed term of one year with possibility of renewal. The salary range will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
To apply: https://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/?q=node/1669
[ Back ]